Start a new topic

sky and cloud demo

quick demo for sky

3 people like this idea

sky demo in less than a min

https://youtu.be/b9bvcw9Icq8

Yes, I like the idea.

I love clouds and yours are really lovely Dave. Thanks for the video.  You always make things look so easy.    :) Rob

I also love clouds Dave and your are beautiful, floating through the sky. You make it look so easy. Vivienne
Hey Spuddy. Sorry I missed this earlier but I was battling with this very thing.
I had found the sky brushes but wasn't sure how to actually use them, digitally that is, as I'm a traditional painter and I couldn't locate the appropriate brushes among the 'thousands' available.
Thanks for this.

thanks all

yes thomas kens sky brush is in misc collections complex brushes 1 third one down used for the main sky

the brush for the white clouds is an old one i made way ago 

here is the code  based on the nebula brushes I think have a play

dave 

** START BRUSH CODE

Basic

Solid 20 percent feather

Multiplier,flat,0,9

Scatter,flat,0,1

Size,rnd,9,9

Hilite1 3-4,flat,2,9

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,flat,0,0

No effect,flat,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

No effect,combo,0,0

spuds cloud brush

** END BRUSH CODE

Thanks for that.
As usual, it must be 'old-timers' disease, the code won't import for some reason. I pick the art-set, etc but nothing appears. Will keep trying.
Have a nice Easter.

The code imports correctly but I'm not sure how you are importing it  as you say you pick the artset and it isn't there well it won't appear in any artset unless you save it to one yourself after import .

this is the correct way to import a code

1 highlight the code including the two stars at the start and all the end brush code at the end

2 ...right click copy or press ctrl c

3  pick a brush to overwrite in the brush panel

4  then go file ..extra ...import brush code a panel will pop up and click import  the new brush will then occupy the brush slot it will stay there unless you choose another brush to occupy that slot

to save it go  ARTSET edit artset .pick an artset to save it in and just click on an empty slot and click ok  when the prompt appears

if you know all this then i apologise for teaching you to suck eggs

dave

Thanks again Dave.
Before I make a complete fool of myself..again... Does it matter what artset you save it in?
I did follow the instructions in the help file, just as you have been kind enough to repeat, plus, I might add,some of your own which are not recorded there. Something has happened but the brush produced looks like a very transparent revolving bulbous cloud similar to another in the same artset.
I'm obviously doing something wrong here.
I will persevere.
Thanks again

no it doesn't make any difference which artset you save it in I usually create a new one to put new brushes in

Are you using it on a white background to test it if so it will look strange also are you using a mouse ..you need a delicate touch using the mouse create a full cloud then just use some one clicks to build up the darker areas just trial and error really

my picture has 150 ppi resolution

the demo video is more or less in real time using time lapse record in TB set to highest frame rate.So if you do exactly what is done in the video it should come out very similar.

post a picture of what you are getting so we can sort out what is happening

this is a very quick one at 72ppi and using the mouse and I mean quick 46seconds in fact

dave

I have created a new artset for your brush and I used the sky brush as you displayed on your video. I can't seem to get the variation in cloud tone, ie underside of clouds and my clouds are not fluffy like yours but rough speckled spirals in nature. It seems I have a conflict with something as when I tried to increase the size TB crashed. Do you by any chance have any other settings applied to this as in brush controls.

Sorry to bother you with this.

I will mess around with it some more.

Thanks again

strange does your brush effects panel look like this

from your description I'm wondering if a different brush is still remaining and not changing to basic solid 20% feather on import like a chalk or something

in the unlikely chance that you don't know how to open the effects panel it's the 8th one along to the left of  cut (scissors)

what version of TB are you using?

dave

meant to ask what page size you are using as well cos that plus ppi will effect the results

I think you were right. I've changed the panel to suit and I now have something that looks like your brush.
The only thing is colour. I have beautiful red and green fluffy clouds, very nice.
One question. Will these new settings be saved with the brush?
I have the latest version.
Thanks very much for your help. Now you can get on with more important things.

Login or Signup to post a comment