Start a new topic

Forest stream

Been working on this on and off for a couple of days ...

Spot on. I like that glint of sunlight at the top.
Is this somewhere local to you? Down here in Cornwall at Lamorna, there is a place that looks so much like this. Plenty of granite also. Derek

Thanks Vivienne glad you like it ..the middle one doesn't really count as a picture it's just the early stages with most of the layers showing before all the finishing magic  touches are added thats why it looks so flat.

As a matter of interest I notice a lack of post painting tweeking in a lot of pictures posted perhaps some think nothing can be done to a picture to lift it after they have finished.Even a flattened image can be transformed but it is easier if you have at least the fore.. middle.. and background on different layers

thanks again ..dave

Thanks Thomas

No it's completely made up if that is possible with our brains ability to remember things..so it's a composite of all the woods I've ever walked in or seen pictures of. I try not to directly use reference images as I paint cos I am tempted to copy elements without success. I live in the torbay area about 300mts from the sea with lovely ancient woods and streams within walking distance behind me....strange thing is I don't paint the coast and sea perhaps my next one will be a rocky cove

cheers dave

Yes everybody paints the sea down here, maybe that's why I haven't attempted it, truth is I'm not very good with sea only streams and still water.
I know the Torbay area. My daughter lives in Kingsbridge and we are round and about quite often.
Keep up the good work.
Derek

Login or Signup to post a comment