Start a new topic

Picture Size

I uploaded this to attempt to figure out some of the details of uploading artwork. This is 1200X800 at 96PPI in jpg format. I did a drag and drop from a file folder window. It's displaying at about half the the size as the file open in TB at 100% zoom. The thing is - it won't enlarge. I see that some images will enlarge - others won't. Anyone figured this out?

bd

1 person likes this

I think it depends on your browser. In Chrome this is displaying as 1200x800 after I click it once and then click again in the new browser window.

Ken

1 person likes this
Thanks Bob for a great question which I think gives a lot of food for thought and Ken thanks for your answer. I think we do worry about the sizing and don't want to overdo it. Vivienne

1 person likes this

This is the same file uploaded by the +Attach file button.

test.jpg
(69.7 KB)

1 person likes this

Click on the thumbnail and you get a 50X50 thumbnail. Click on test.jpg filename and you get what appears to be the full sized image in a new window.

By the way, I tried the "Add Comment" picture icon and it came out just like the original post.

I use "Opera" browser.

bd

1 person likes this

Everyone, thanks for all the response. However, I understand the pixels and dpi concepts, but I was addressing something far less technical. I noticed that my uploaded images displayed differently in the forum - as in sometimes when you click on the thumbnail you get another thumbnail in a new window and if you click on the filename you get a new window with a full sized image. Sometimes there is no thumbnail. I found that there are several ways to upload a file - drag and drop - +Attach file - the picture icon in the comment window. I have tried all three ways and I found that my files were displayed differently. Not dpi or resolution - I was noticing that the website handled the files in different ways. I guess I did a bad job of making my point. I was trying to figure out why Ralph's picture showed only a smaller version and I was sure that at least one of mine showed at full size with a click.

Thanks,

bd

1 person likes this

Very useful Bob.

Will do some experimentation, thanks for the help :)

much appreciated .

Ralph

Login or Signup to post a comment