Start a new topic

Quick Concept piece

40 min qiuck concept piece

1 person likes this idea

Sometime the quick work really shines!

Ken

This is a really great painting Dave, love those cloudy skies and the stream runing into the larger body of water. Vivienne
This is a really great painting Dave, love those cloudy skies and the stream runing into the larger body of water. I agree with Ken about a quick work. Vivienne

Awesome sky/clouds Dave! A beautiful scene and shows what you are potentially able to accomplish since this is done in such a short time. I'm like Vivienne where rivers leading into a larger body of water is concerned. Love it.

I've never found out what concept art is exactly so did a search. Quote from Wiki'  Concept art is a form of illustration used to convey an idea for use in films, video games, animation, comic books or other media before it is put into the final product. Concept art is also referred to as visual development and/or concept design. 

So do you use the term meaning this is not the final copy? ... or simply that concept means an idea put onto paper?  It seems there is more than one way to view it.  Just interested...  :)  Rob

Thanks Ken i'm finding i can learn a lot by this quick overpainting on one layer method changing things as i go no erasing or step backs just repaint over whats there..

Thanks vivienne I'm glad you like it it was fun to paint

Thanks Rob glad you enjoyed it ..concept ...an idea put into visual form in the case of art...not fully rendered but complete enough to convey the scene.is how I see the meaning.

A working artist would produce several of these at a higher standard than mine to present to their art director/client for considration

cheers all dave

Thanks Dave   :)

Login or Signup to post a comment